Your claim MUST meet all of the criteria as stated above to be eligible to file a claim for reimbursement of your comprehensive deductible. Any questions regarding the GPP warranty must be submitted in writing to our office. Be sure to address all correspondence, attention: GPP.
- The qualifying system was sold, installed, and serviced by an authorized dealer for Directed, remains in the car in which the system was originally installed, and owned by the original purchaser of the qualifying system. Window decals must have been in place on the vehicle at the time of installation.
- The theft occurred less than one year after the date of purchase of the qualifying Directed system. (i.e., Viper, Python, Clifford, and Automate systems excluding those that don't have stater kill systems)
- This GPP claim is made within sixty (60) days of settlement of your claim with your insurance carrier.
- The warranty registration card was completely filled out and mailed to Directed within 10 days of purchase.
- The vehicle was stolen as a result of alarm system failure and the automobile was not left in an inactive/disarmed mode for whatever reason, even if left at a service station.
- A police report must be filed and a copy submitted with your GPP claim.
- Vehicle must be insured against theft at the time vehicle was stolen.
- The insurance company must accept and pay the claim.
- A Directed starter kill device must have been installed on the vehicle and the sales receipt must show starter kill installation.
A product's warranty is automatically void if its date code or serial number is defaced, missing, or altered. GPP does not cover vandalism, theft of vehicle parts, contents, damage to vehicle and/or towing charges. Furthermore, vehicles that are consigned or displayed for sale are not covered by the GPP program. GPP is not available to employees, agents, friends or relatives of Directed or of its dealers. GPP does not extend to or cover motorcycles or vehicles without lockable doors, ignition systems and/or engine compartments.
The claimant is reminded that in consideration of this program and as a condition precedent to the purchase of the Directed security system, the purchaser agrees [agreed] that any and all claims and/or disputes between the purchaser and Directed shall be decided in accordance with the laws of the State of California and the exclusive and only venue for the same shall be California State Courts in San Diego County, California.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING YOUR CLAIM:
Claims for reimbursement must be submitted directly to Directed, attention: GPP. All documents must be clear and legible true copies and once submitted, they become the property of Directed. Processing cannot begin unless the claim is accompanied by the all of the following:
- A copy of the ORIGINAL sales receipt from an authorized dealer showing: a.The brand name and model number of the system and the date of installation b.The year, make and model of the vehicle in which the system was installed. c .A Directed starter kill device was installed with the system.
If you purchased your Directed system through a car dealer, you must provide the name of the authorized installer who installed the system for the dealer. (Note: it is the responsibility of the claimant to provide this information and to do the necessary research.)
- A copy of the complete police report from the police agency to which the theft was reported. Report must show details of the incident.
- A copy of the Declarations page of your insurance policy which indicates the amount of your comprehensive deductible on the stolen vehicle, as of the date of theft
- A copy of the settlement check issued by your insurance company (regardless of who the payee is). Your claim cannot be processed until your insurance company has settled your claim with them. If a copy of the settlement check has not been provided to you by the insurance company, please call your insurance agent for a copy. (Note: insurance companies will only provide their insured with these records, it is therefore your responsibility to obtain and forward the same to Directed.) Directed is not able to process any claim that is submitted without all of the above requisite documentation. Partial claims will be considered abandoned. Directed is not responsible and in many instances unable to obtain the needed documentation. The person filing this claim must make any inquiries to the police department, insurance company and/or the authorized dealer. Please allow six to eight weeks for processing and determination once you have submitted the required documentation. Any inquiries regarding this claim must be made in writing, attention GPP.
Once you have read the GPP policy and instructions completely and have all documentation, please complete Attachment A and include it with your claim.